Guess who’s on my blog today?
My little sister Ess. She is very stylish and am always looking forward to seeing what she’s put together, so I decided to share her style here.
I love how well the pieces complement each other. A simple black and white outfit gone edgy through the faux leather pants, well balanced by the leopard print flats and brought to life by the very chic coral bag that I dropped dead for (wishing it was mine).
I hope you all love this outfit as much as I do and keeps your eyes peeled for the next 😃
Bag- mr price, kenya
Shoes – bata, Kenya
Top and pants – local flee market
Pics courtesy of my lovely sister.
Basic white tee and a pair of blue jeans is always a classic go to outfit. I love simplicity and minimal outfits on the daily, you can practically go anywhere with these and if you are more “glam” , accessorize it and throw in some heels or boots 🙂
Simple, comfy and stylish.
I paired my look with these cute old navy flats.
I feel like the ultimate way to jinx myself is by making new years resolutions, but I will go ahead and make declarations instead (insert harry potter voice)…
– I declare to be bolder this year (my mind is filled with ideas it’s about to explode, but yet I shy away from exploring this ideas)
– I declare to be less afraid of failure (this is how we learn)
– I declare to appreciate my friends and family a little bit more than i’ve done in the past
– I declare to not live by comparison, but through expression of who I am (we are all more beautiful in and out than we think we are)
– I declare to smile a little bit more to strangers (I am that person who gives back a look of horror when a stranger smiles at me) – ode to my Nairobi up-bringing where sass was rather important lol
– And last but not least…..I declare to learn how to code (I have always wanted to since high school days – as a hobby)
– love purejackie-
Best home-made granola
I love Granola, and sometimes I can’t seem to find good granola without excessive amounts of sugar in it.
I finally got a hold of a friend’s granola recipe and it’s heaven!
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp salt
2 cups rolled wheat
1/3 cup sugar(brown or white. I prefer none)
1/3 cup fruit of choice(e.g almonds, dried cherries, dried raisins etc)
1 tbsp yogurt (flavor of choice), I love vanilla, you can also use pure vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon(optional)
3 tbsp oil
Preheat oven, 450 degrees and place baking pan/sheet in to heat for a few mins
In a large bowl mix oil, honey, yogurt/vanilla extract and sugar until they are completely mixed
In another larger bowl mix the cinnamon, salt, and oats
Then pour out the honey mixture into the oats and mix well
Then pour out the mixture evenly on the heated pan, make sure you spread the mixture out
Then bake for 15 minutes then add the almonds and turn the baking granola using a spatula
Return in oven and bake for 30 minutes
then remove and wait for it to cool down, then sprinkle dried fruits and raisins
serve with milk or however you like your granola