I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving if you live in the U.S & celebrate it. We were planning on just cooking for two, watching a movie & spending time together on this one, but we got an invite to go over to a friend’s house and nobody says no to a thanksgiving dinner invite.
We didn’t want to go empty-handed so I decided to whip up my favorite appetizer dishes, cranberry-pomegranate bruschetta & Bacon wrapped Brussel sprouts that I have posted the recipe for before.
I will take no credit for this one, because it’s all Pinterest. I, however, made a video of the bruschetta recipe because I love it so much and every year someone asks me about the recipe.
Here’s a quick rundown: You’ll need a food processor but can use a blender too
What you need for the relish:
– 1 cup pomegranate seeds – you can buy a 2 pomegranates & scoop the seeds out or buy the seeds in a cup.
– 1lb or 450g Cranberries – fresh or frozen
– 1/2 tbsp Ginger – fresh/chopped
– 1/2 cup sugar
– 1/2 cup honey
– 2-3tsp siracha sauce / can use a hot sauce you like if you don’t have siracha
– 1 bunch of fresh cilantro/chopped – leave a little aside for garnish
– Zest from 2 orange – separate into two, for relish & some for garnish
What you’ll need for the crostini:
– 1 good french baguette, then slice it up into 1/4 inch thick slices
– Extra virgin olive oil
– Salt & pepper
– Cream cheese
What to do:
– Pulse all the relish ingredients apart from the cilantro & pomegranate seeds
– Make sure the cranberries are chopped coarsely but don’t let them become mushy.
– Then add cilantro & pulse once just to have it mix but still be chunky
– Put the mixture in a storage container & refrigerate it for a minimum of 2 hrs, the longer the better, you can even do this a day ahead.
– Now preheat the oven to 350 degrees Celsius or 175 degrees Fahrenheit & place a baking sheet (lined with foil or parchment paper)
– Drizzle some oil onto the slices of bread & spread evenly, sprinkle some salt & pepper, then put in oven for 15 minutes or until slightly browned on the edges
– While the bread is in the oven, use a fork to light beat the cream cheese so its fluffy & soft
– Lastly, spread the cream cheese onto the slices of bread & evenly spread the relish
– Garnish with cilantro & orange zest. Enjoy