A few months ago I discovered a new recipe that quickly became one my favorite meals. I love tofu, but never really knew how I would make it myself but with google only a finger tap away, I have learned a million ways to incorporate tofu into my meals. I am not vegan or vegetarian and do not supplement tofu for meat, I simply like it as I do any other ingredient. So for the garlic tofu recipe, the ingredients are:
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (I use the less sodium one)
- Green onion (one stalk)
- Vegetable of your choice (I use green beans or broccoli)
- Extra firm tofu (one, pat completely dry before slicing)
- 1 cup rice (or however much you need)
- Slice the tofu into 1 inch slices, mix the sauces together and stir in garlic then add the tofu pieces and marinade for an hour at least
- Cook rice as instructed or as preferred (I use coconut oil in boiling water, a dash of salt and pepper to make it flavorful)
- Once the tofu has been marinated, heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large pan or wok on medium heat and add the tofu evenly.
- Let it cook without stirring, for five minutes or until browned on one side, then flip onto the other side to brown.
- In the last 2 minutes of cooking, add the green onion (sliced) and stir to mix in with the tofu
- Serve with rice and vegetable of choice
- Bon apetite!