In pursuit of Cute..
It’s the start of a new year for me and am excited!, I turned the big 25 yesterday, and I can say I am happy and content with how I have turned out haha. When I was little I always went through my mom’s photo albums to see how she looked when she was in her early twenties, what she dressed like, etc…I wish I had pictures (sadly I do not currently), but she was so beautiful and always dressed well in the 70’s/80’s era. When I was going through these pictures I took yesterday, I remembered those days i spent going through her photo albums…I have always loved photography and fashion/personal style, that’s why I enjoy blogging and documenting my little life, it’s not for any popularity, comparison or gaining followers…I want to have a happy place where I can put my two cents, share my personal style, inspire like-minded people and also have a place to look back at in future. If you don’t know, I always had a blog since I graduated from high school but never made the content public..I decided to make this blog public as a way to connect with my family and friends who live far from me…and also an outlet for me to do something besides daily work/life routine
Along the way I have learnt quite a bit..about myself and also about life in general. Important lessons:
1. Life and the universe in general is way complicated than any human being could ever fathom, we have ways to make sense out of our everyday experiences, but we could never understand why things happen the way they do in this life
2. Everyone things they are right about everything..key word to living peacefully with each other is -RESPECT-
3. Family is important but you will never get along with everyone in your family no matter how hard you try..again the key word comes in -RESPECT-
4. Fear is a killer for dreams and happiness
5. I will never be that extroverted girl I always thought I was growing into haha, what can I say..introverts for life (high5)
6. I hate uncomfortable clothes, I don’t care if they’re in…I want to be dressed in clothes i feel free in
7. I love alone time, esp when hiking
8. I love deep conversations about people’s lives/adventures/dreams (unless if you’re whining lol)
9. Going to church every sunday does not make you a christian or even a good person
10. People will disown you in a second when you’re in a sh*t storm, but beg to hang out when your life is a “party”, so choose friends wisely
11. I have very little patience for liars…its pointless to have friends who lie about everything
12. I want to be a nurse for the rest of my life because I am good at it, it keeps me fit (haha, if you’re nurse you get the point), you never get bored and it is a good balance between happiness and frustration 🙂
13. People will never take me seriously since am 5 feet tall and look like a 12 y/o
14. I also want to be “a photographer” and maybe one day a friend will let me photograph their wedding or family pictures
15. I hope in the next 3 years I’ll get a chance to to visit Asia or South America
16. The 1960’s have my name written all over it..seriously, is there a cuter era than the 60’s..I just want to fill my whole closet with vintage pieces from the 60s!
17. My life is mine to live…don’t take everyone’s advice on how to live it..live wisely, make your own mistakes and learn from them (and vice versa, I don’t tell people how they should live their lives)
18. It’s ok to judge people and vice versa..it’s human, but always keep an open mind
19. I need to take good care of my hair and body..it’s the only place I can live in (an unhealthy body is like a trap..and expensive..healthcare costs etc lol)
20. Finally, have someone you can always lean on..even though i like to be super independent, we all have times when everything is just going against us and if we have no support, it can be very dangerous
I know this post is wordy, but hang in there with me. The dress I am wearing is one my favorites from H&M, the shoes are from seychelles the company, but my bf bought them for me as a birthday present at a local Seattle store (they cost less on modcloth) and the necklace is from Charlotte rouse. I felt so cute in this dress and those shoes were made for walking! I pray to God they last a long time because they are now my daily staple footwear.